- Microplates, Strips & Films
- Chromatography Columns
- Cryo Storage
- Liquid Handling
- Tubes & Vials
- Specimen Collection, Transport & Storage
- Clinical Chemistry
- Cytology, Histology & Pathology
- Autoclavable biohazard bags
- Racks & Trays
- Reusable Labware
- Patient Bedside Items
- Clearance items
FPC® Hybrid™ Fecal Parasite Concentrator
- Easy-to-use 15 ml centrifuge tube and a user-friendly 20 ml specimen transport vial systems with low center-of-gravity
- Closed two-tube system-minimal odor
- Simple, safe, sanitary and efficient
- An ideal option for standardization of concentration method
The FPC® Hybrid™ Fecal Parasite Concentrator is a simple, clean, and efficient device used to concentrate helminth eggs and larvae, protozoan cysts, coccidian oocysts, and microsporidian spores. Excellent results are obtained using either fresh or preserved specimens.
The methodology is a modification of the commonly used Ritchie formalin-ether (F-E) method. However the FPC® Hybrid™ uses a closed system. Rather than using the older funnel-gauze method, FPC® Hybrid™ uses one 15 ml polypropylene tube with an interconnected, precision molded strainer that fits onto a 20 ml vial. The 0.6 mm × 0.6 mm holes allow the parasites to pass through the strainer, but the system retains the excess fecal debris.
This leakproof, self-contained concentration system leaves no mess and minimizes odor. Benefits of this approach also include the ability to standardize the fecal concentration procedure, thus eliminating varying results among different users. The procedure is easy to perform and minimizes personnel exposure to potentially infectious specimens.
Overall benefits include: simplicity, safety, multiple fixative options, excellent parasite recovery, standardization of the procedure, and minimal odor without funnels, gauze, and potential laboratory spills and contamination.