Caplugs Evergreen FPC® Fecal Parasite Concentrator is one of the cleanest means of isolating helminth eggs and larvae, protozoan cysts, coccidian oocysts, and microsporidian spores. The easy-to-use system provides clean sediment for microscopic examination and requires minimal processing time. Excellent results are obtained using either fresh or preserved specimens.
FPC® Hybrid™ uses one 15 ml polypropylene tube with an interconnected, precision molded strainer that fits onto a 20 mL vial. The 0.6 mm × 0.6 mm holes allow the parasites to pass through the strainer, but the system retains the excess fecal debris. FPC® Hybrid™ is a modification of the formalin-ether (F-E) method of Ritchie and was developed at the National Institutes of Health; it is available exclusively from Evergreen Scientific.
- Patented, leakproof, self-contained two tube system
- Standardization of concentration method, eliminating varying results among different users
- Minimizes personnel exposure to potentially infectious specimens
- No funnel, no gauze, no mess
- Simple, safe, sanitary, and efficient
- Minimal odor
- Fresh fecal specimens or specimens preserved in 5% or 10% formalin, merthiolate iodine formalin (MIF), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) or sodium acetate-acetic acid-formalin (SAF) can be used in this system
|Item #||Description||Package Type|
|308-4000-000||FPC Fecal Parasite Concentrator, Hybrid||100/tests/case|