Sputocol Sputum Collection System
Caplugs Evergreen Sputocol™ is a patented, self-contained device for collecting, transporting and processing sputum and other potentially infectious specimens. The large funnel provides a convenient “target area”. Patients simply expectorate and reclose the funnel lid. Hospital/lab personnel can then prepare the specimen for transport without ever contacting a contaminated surface area.
- The inside edge of the funnel brings the specimen directly into the centrifuge tube and prevents contact with the tube rim
- The funnel’s outside edge is extended to provide a safe area for handling and removing
- The bottom lid detaches and functions as a capping device, so that personnel may avoid touching the tube until sealed
- Extra-wide base prevents tipping and provides a sturdy, protective carrier for the tube during transit
- Ultra-clear polypropylene tubes
- Withstands 6000 RCF
- Have easy-to-read & raised graduations markings
Each unit includes a unique funnel-stand-base housing, a freestanding or conical 50 ml centrifuge tube and a patient ID label. A simple step-by-step instruction is also included. Click here for an instructional video.
Patent #: 4,741,346
Items below are filtered. Use this button to show all.
|Item #||Shape||Tube Material||Tube Color||Cap Material||Cap Color||Packaging||Carton Qty|
|221-3995-G80||Freestanding tube||Polypropylene Co-Polymer (PPC)||Natural||Polyethylene (PE)||Green||Individually Packed||72|
|221-3996-G80||Conical tube||Polypropylene Co-Polymer (PPC)||Natural||Polyethylene (PE)||Green||Individually Packed||72|